Mr. K came to our class one year ago. He said my words sting his ears for one year. He finally made a decision, to live a good life immediately.
In class, I always share about living a good life now, living your dreams now.
While delayed gratification may be good, it has its downsides.
I frequently hear people say about waiting till retirement to enjoy life, but, are we sure we will always live to see the next day ?
Look at Covid-19, taking so many lives and so many jobs.
At 55 this year, I am sad to say that I know a few guys who did not live to make it to their retirement.
Saddest story is my mentor who had promised to bring his wife to travel around the world upon retirement, but fell down and died few months after retiring. That incident changed my wife and I forever.
BIG REALIZATION – Life is meant to be lived well today. Not tomorrow, because tomorrow may never come.
And this is why, when we are able to, not permit bank-balance to stop us, suddenly, like a flick of the switch, a person can be happier, more confident, up his/her self-esteem, to love and to be loved.
Imagine staying in a nice house, plenty of space, going for holidays and ferrying your family members around in nice and safe cars.
Imagine the laughter in the house, the smiles of travelling and the bliss of being together every moment.
Today’s message was inspired by a chat message from Mr. K who has attended our class one year ago and make a breakthrough.
He said my words had been in his mind after the class (in his message, he said “my words sting him”).
His messages are attached there. Go read them.
After one year, he finally made the decision to buy a nice big car, a Porsche. And read what he said about it.
In my class, I always say, live a great life today. Don’t wait. Tomorrow may be too late … I cannot say I will wake up tomorrow for sure, can you ?
Best way I know to retire now, is to use rental income to give you pocket money to sustain your expenses.
In class, I teach how to milk properties for :
1. Pocket money every month
2. Capital gains now (in less than one year)
3. Capital gains in future (more than one year )
1. If you are chasing properties for passive income, buy hi-income generating properties so that the passive income can quickly replace your active income. Avoid properties that are not completed yet.
2. If you are not concern with passive income, then its time to look at properties that can give highest probabilities of profits aka capital gains. This can be new property or resale. What suits you best depends on your financial abilities now.
3. If you are not concern with the above and want to leave some money for your next generations, then looking at freehold or new 99 yr leasehold property may be for you.
Investing in properties need not be complex. You choose, take action and let the rewards come to you.
But FIRST , ask yourself a question that will open up your mind.
Ask — > What do I have to do to retire now.
Investor, Practitioner and Full-Time Coach